Wednesday, October 2, 2013

PSL


I was totally thrilled to find a new acronym this fall.  PSL was posted on so many things around my office and pinterest, it took me a minute to figure out what the heck it meant.  PSYis the pistachio nut  guy with the funny dance, PS4 is the video game thing where I can play mario cart...What the heck was PSL?!?  And then it dawned on me, it was like someone threw a pumpkin at my head and said, "Guess what time of year it is?!"  It's pumpkin season! Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back!  Ok, confession, I've never had a PSL from Starbucks or any other mass coffee producer.  To be honest, those fancy coffee drinks aren't worth the calories to me.  However, I do love all things pumpkin, so I figured I should see if I can make this recipe at home first. Thank you pinterest for being a better search engine than google in times like these.  I found this lovely recipe and whipped up a batch of pumpkin spice syrup so I can add it to my coffee any time.  Side note: this makes a lot of syrup (like 3 cups), so plan on getting a few cute bottles and give some extra syrup to friends. Side side note: this is the first part in a 3 part Pumpkin Spice Series (noted for future posts that I need to look at ingredients lists before coming home and not assume I already have everything in the pantry for pumpkin butter or turnovers.) More Pumpkin Spice recipes to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment