Skip to main content

La Vita é Bella



Today we leave for our wedding and honeymoon.  Even as I type it, it's hard to believe the day is actually here. I have a range of mixed emotions for today;  happy, excited, anxious, hungry, and that feeling of wondering what I'm forgetting to pack. As I was looking through photos for this post, I paged through so many photo albums of when I lived there and when Jon and I went back to visit.  These photos put an instant smile on my face and my heart began to dance.  Italy is my happy place, and I cannot wait to be marrying the man I love at a place that means so much to us. To be totally honest (and I know many of you brides out there may give me the stink eye for this), wedding planning was so much easier than I expected, and I have truly enjoyed every minute of it.  Life has many ups and downs, and the next few weeks will be filled with many ups. I am sure traveling with the entire family will be challenging at times. However, for the next two weeks I am going live, laugh, and love as much as I possibly can. Life is beautiful, and I cannot wait to live out this adventure. Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#stayhome

I look at this photo and it seems ages ago. I took it while laying in the sun on a hotel rooftop in Miami. In reality, it was only taken 3 weeks ago today almost to the minute. Since then, a pandemic has taken this world by storm. Mother Nature is shouting from the rooftops and people are being forced to listen. We are being told to stay home, don't leave the house unless necessary, and practice social distancing. Such a funny term: social distancing. What will this do to human connection? To human culture? Behavior? Our future perspective in this world is about to go through a massive shift. "Are you ready for this," Mother Nature asks? I sure wasn't.  I have been learning so much about myself in the past 2 weeks.  How does one react in vastly unknown and uncertain times? I am no longer in a rush to do things.  It's strange, I never felt that hurried before but now there is ample time to focus on things I didn't spend that much time on before. Connectin...

Cake in a Pie Pan

Usually when the weather turns warmer, I find myself coming up with excuses to have parties and other random get togethers.  It's really just an excuse for me to cook and bake, and not eat everything myself.  This past weekend I wanted to do a little baking for Sunday night dinner, and found this recipe in one of my new cookbooks, Barefoot Contessa 'How Easy is That?' by Ina Garten. A cake in a pie pan?! It was way too intriguing to pass up. As I began to gather my ingredients, I realized that fresh cranberries are not available this time of year.  Since I couldn't decide between cherries or blueberries, I made two cakes instead, one with blueberries, one with cherries. The end result was a wonderful and easy desert that satisfied my sweet tooth and my itch to bake.

White Denim

Francesca's Collection  White Denim Pants , Mossimo Supply Co Denim Shirt, Toms Shoes Like many creative people, I tend to go through color phases.  I like to compare myself to Jackson Pollock when he was going through his "Blue" phase.  Currently, I am having a White Moment (notice how I capitalized it to make it a proper noun).  My White Moment consist of buying clothes, accessories, and decor in shades of white. Lucky we don't have any pets, but I do live with an artist, so sometimes this can be tricky.  During a shopping excursion where I was on a hunt for white denim, I came across this pair at Francesca's Collection .   They suited my 5'3 frame well, and had the right amount of stretch for comfort.  Paired with a classic blue denim top, the combination was perfect for a weeknight evening stroll.