Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day everybody! I hope you all had the opportunity to wish a mother a wonderful day.  As for me, I spent the day with my lovely mother, doing the things we love to do together.  First we went to church (as any Italian catholic mother would do on Sunday morning) at the Minneapolis Basilica, then stopped by the farmers market followed by a lovely brunch on the patio at Barbette.  The rest of the day was spent in the kitchen making Sunday night dinner for the family.
As I get older, I realize that I am more and more like my mother in so many ways. Thankfully, this is a good thing.  She is incredibly selfless, always willing to give a hug, and offering to cook something.  I get my love of entertaining from her and hope that someday I will also have dishes for every occasion and decorations for every holiday. She is the most beautiful person I know, inside and out.  I am so lucky to call her "mom."

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks for being like mom ;-)

    ReplyDelete