Skip to main content

Honey and Rye Bakehouse


Favorite new weekend spot

Hello everyone!  It’s been way too long since my last post, sorry about that.  After the holidays my attention totally been focused on getting our new home in order.  It’s taken me a while to get used to everything; the longer commute to work, cooking in a different kitchen, and trying to figure out the best layout for my closet. I took a step back from blogging to work on things in the home, but I’m happy that every day, I’m getting closer to feeling comfortable and happy in our new place.  I miss Uptown very much, but I definitely enjoy living in a place where I don’t have to worry about our pipes freezing during a polar vortex. For real Mother Nature, we get it. It’s January and cold weather is just part of the party.  But -40!? Please send Jack Frost to Florida for the winter. Thanks.
Any-hoo…in the meantime, I have been trying to get to know the shops and stores around our new place.  So when the time comes where I want to walk outside, I will have a variety of boutiques and shops to choose from. Enter: Honey and Rye Bakeshop.  Established in 2013 (only a few months ago I believe), this adorable little bakery is probably the most dangerous thing to my waistline in the city. Jon and I went there this past Saturday morning to see what pastries and breads they offered.  I am happy to report that this bakeshop has so many delicious treats, breads, and snacks, it will become a regular stop during our weekend strolls and midweek grocery trips. We tried a variety of breads and pastries (I may have let out a small squeak while I was trying the French Toast Pull Apart Bread) and everything was fantastic.  Next time we stop, I’ll be grabbing a cup of their coffee as well as Mom’s Multigrain bread to take home.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#stayhome

I look at this photo and it seems ages ago. I took it while laying in the sun on a hotel rooftop in Miami. In reality, it was only taken 3 weeks ago today almost to the minute. Since then, a pandemic has taken this world by storm. Mother Nature is shouting from the rooftops and people are being forced to listen. We are being told to stay home, don't leave the house unless necessary, and practice social distancing. Such a funny term: social distancing. What will this do to human connection? To human culture? Behavior? Our future perspective in this world is about to go through a massive shift. "Are you ready for this," Mother Nature asks? I sure wasn't.  I have been learning so much about myself in the past 2 weeks.  How does one react in vastly unknown and uncertain times? I am no longer in a rush to do things.  It's strange, I never felt that hurried before but now there is ample time to focus on things I didn't spend that much time on before. Connectin

Seasonal Changes

As most of the country begins their slow decent into the autumn season, Minnesota tends to jump in full force the moment we have one day less than 70 degrees. The leaves are turning beautiful colors of orange, yellow and red, and the chilly weather is making it tough to leave my house in the morning without a jacket and scarf. I welcome the change of seasons and have already made updates to my wardrobe and living spaces. Here are some quick tips on how you can make some easy changes to embrace the autumn season. 1.  Stock up on baking items.  Do an inventory of your spices, baking ingredients, and tools to see what you need. I just picked up some new cookie sheets from Kitchen Window as my old ones needed to be donated. Baking is much more fun when I know that I already have everything I need, and then I can make my pumpkin bread during the week. 2.  Switch your bedding.  This is something that a friend of mine showed me, and I am determined to do it this year. Current

Online Window Shopping

After a long holiday weekend, I always have a hard time on Mondays getting back into the swing of things.  To say the least, it was not my most productive day.  I did, however, have a chance to do some online window shopping.  This is the act of spending a lot of money mentally, but not actually buying anything.  I am trying to be good about spending (although the impulsive bicycle purchase last week did not help), and only buy things that are necessary.  However, I am extremely clever in coming up with excuses when I shop, so I have a feeling some of these favorites might end up in a package at my doorstep.  Here are a few things that get me through Manic Mondays.   Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Top Coat .  Aside from Shellac, nothing has dried my nails so quickly.  Such a cute colorful wallet .   This dress just speaks springtime.  Hopefully the weather will be warm enough to wear it soon.  Sunnies .  Can you ever have too many? My new bicycle