Skip to main content

The Game of Life

Christmas day games


What the heck is going on?!  I’m posting once a month?!  (insert bug eyes and crazy eyebrows here)
To all of those still checking and looking for my posts, I thank you for staying with me through some really busy times.  Here is what’s going on….

Jon and I bought a condo! Yay!!! It all happened so fast (we closed a month after we initially saw the place) and then we went to Utah for Thanksgiving and then the holiday season began full force.  Normally, I would be sharing photos, DIY projects that we are working on, and even updates throughout the space.  Sadly, none of those things are happening because we haven’t done any.  I’m lucky I got a Christmas tree up! As much as I LOVE the Christmas season, I am also looking forward for it to be over so I can paint, drill, make, repaint, etc.  Even though the place isn’t how we are dreaming it to be one day, it’s a lovely space for Jon and I.  It has a real wood burning fireplace (unheard of in a condo!) and a view overlooking a little lake (also unheard of for people who are not millionaires).  The kitchen is definitely bigger than my last one, however it doesn’t quite have the finishes I am looking for. Therefore, I am struggling with taking food photographs. Once the new year begins, we’ll be doing some renovations and the kitchen will be transformed into a lovely working space for me (and you!) to enjoy.   We also are creating the second bedroom into “Salon de Paris.”  At least that’s what Jon and I will be calling it.  It’s going to be our creative room where we will have a wall of bookshelves, all of our art stuff, and a place to make the world more beautiful!  I’m also on a massive hunt for the perfect sleeper sofa for our out of town guests.   There’s lots to do in our new home, I can’t wait to share it all with you.

Even though life has been hectic, I have done my best to enjoy the holiday season.  We had our annual cookie exchange last weekend and I made my traditional pizzelle. Christmas décor is sparse throughout our new place so I’ll probably be buying some decorations after the season for next year. We have had many nights in front of our cozy fireplace though, listening to the crackling of wood and talking about what an incredible year it’s been for us.   This year, we are happy to celebrate an early Christmas with Jon’s sister, her partner with their kids.  Even though we don’t have couches, and there are paint samples painted all over the walls, it’s nice to have his family here to celebrate Christmas. We  spent Christmas day with my family and will celebrate the new year up at the cabin.

I had all these amazing holiday posts planned for this month, but I have rescheduled them to December 2014.  As we close out 2013, I have already started to think of my new year’s resolutions and perhaps updating a few of my Birthday resolutions. Blogging is jumping higher on the priority list because it’s one thing that brings me so much joy.  I have decided to make the jump from a blog to a website.  I'm hoping to launch this in the next few weeks, so stay tuned for some new content!  In the meantime, Instagram and twitter will be my go to social media for the rest of the year.

I wish you all the happiest of the holidays and hope that you find peace love and joy with all that you do.  XO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seasonal Changes

As most of the country begins their slow decent into the autumn season, Minnesota tends to jump in full force the moment we have one day less than 70 degrees. The leaves are turning beautiful colors of orange, yellow and red, and the chilly weather is making it tough to leave my house in the morning without a jacket and scarf. I welcome the change of seasons and have already made updates to my wardrobe and living spaces. Here are some quick tips on how you can make some easy changes to embrace the autumn season. 1.  Stock up on baking items.  Do an inventory of your spices, baking ingredients, and tools to see what you need. I just picked up some new cookie sheets from Kitchen Window as my old ones needed to be donated. Baking is much more fun when I know that I already have everything I need, and then I can make my pumpkin bread during the week. 2.  Switch your bedding.  This is something that a friend of mine showed me, and I am determined to do it this year. Current

Luck be a lady...

In case you haven't already heard, it's out with the old and in with the new at Mall of America.  Not that I didn't love Bloomingdales, but it's time Minnesota caught up with the rest of the world, and get some great retail stores in the supposed "Mall of America."  I am excited and downright giddy to announce that MOA will now have four new stores in replace of the Bloomingdales location:  Zara, Topshop, Madewell, and Tory Burch.  To say I am happier than a bird with a french fry, is an understatement.  My trips to MOA are going to dramatically increase to the point where I should look into a reserving a spot in the parking lot.  To prepare properly for this special occasion, I have been online window shopping again, and picked out some items I will hope to find in the new stores.  Here are some of my favorites. This Topshop dress will be perfect at weddings this summer. A Madewell llama necklace .  Need I say more? I like the idea of a T

White Denim

Francesca's Collection  White Denim Pants , Mossimo Supply Co Denim Shirt, Toms Shoes Like many creative people, I tend to go through color phases.  I like to compare myself to Jackson Pollock when he was going through his "Blue" phase.  Currently, I am having a White Moment (notice how I capitalized it to make it a proper noun).  My White Moment consist of buying clothes, accessories, and decor in shades of white. Lucky we don't have any pets, but I do live with an artist, so sometimes this can be tricky.  During a shopping excursion where I was on a hunt for white denim, I came across this pair at Francesca's Collection .   They suited my 5'3 frame well, and had the right amount of stretch for comfort.  Paired with a classic blue denim top, the combination was perfect for a weeknight evening stroll.