Skip to main content

Euro Withdrawals

A view of Florence from Piazza Michelangelo

So if you have been checking my blog recently, you may have wondered if I just decided to stay in Europe, buy a olive farm, and drink the local wine day in and day out.  As appealing as that sounds (I would like to own my own olive trees someday) I just have been really bad at keeping up with my posts.  I am now home from our dream wedding and vacation. It could not have been more perfect, and I have plenty of pictures to share and stories to tell. I can't wait to tell you about all of our fun memories, so thanks for your patience as I get back to reality and catch up with life.  In the meantime, here are a couple of pictures that just can't wait.

A gondolier doing sudoku


A beautiful rose flower wall in Florence


I miss the caprese so much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#stayhome

I look at this photo and it seems ages ago. I took it while laying in the sun on a hotel rooftop in Miami. In reality, it was only taken 3 weeks ago today almost to the minute. Since then, a pandemic has taken this world by storm. Mother Nature is shouting from the rooftops and people are being forced to listen. We are being told to stay home, don't leave the house unless necessary, and practice social distancing. Such a funny term: social distancing. What will this do to human connection? To human culture? Behavior? Our future perspective in this world is about to go through a massive shift. "Are you ready for this," Mother Nature asks? I sure wasn't.  I have been learning so much about myself in the past 2 weeks.  How does one react in vastly unknown and uncertain times? I am no longer in a rush to do things.  It's strange, I never felt that hurried before but now there is ample time to focus on things I didn't spend that much time on before. Connectin...

Happy Halloween

We are one day away from the start of the holiday season!  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and Jon and I always dress up and go out with friends to sing karaoke. We went out this past weekend as Ms. Scarlet and Mr. Green from the classic game/movie Clue. It was a fun costume to put together (thank you Target.com) and we had a fun night out singing our favorites.  Here are a few of my favorite Halloween blog posts to help you celebrate this year. Happy Halloween everyone! A spooky punch to serve at your party or for the adults that stop by with the trick-or-treaters Even though I'm a dog person, I do love these   photos of Blackie . I don't have baby fever, but Taza's kids make me want little ones to dress up! Especially as Anna Wintour ! I still find myself looking at wedding blogs, and here is an gothic inspired wedding  perfect for Halloween! Put together a last minute Halloween dinner for some friends!

Cake in a Pie Pan

Usually when the weather turns warmer, I find myself coming up with excuses to have parties and other random get togethers.  It's really just an excuse for me to cook and bake, and not eat everything myself.  This past weekend I wanted to do a little baking for Sunday night dinner, and found this recipe in one of my new cookbooks, Barefoot Contessa 'How Easy is That?' by Ina Garten. A cake in a pie pan?! It was way too intriguing to pass up. As I began to gather my ingredients, I realized that fresh cranberries are not available this time of year.  Since I couldn't decide between cherries or blueberries, I made two cakes instead, one with blueberries, one with cherries. The end result was a wonderful and easy desert that satisfied my sweet tooth and my itch to bake.