Skip to main content

Did somebody say steak?

Grass fed New York cut steak


There are some days I think I could be a vegetarian.  And then there are days where all I can think about is eating a perfectly cooked steak.  I have grown to love steak more and more over the years and really appreciate going to a nice steakhouse for a good cut and amazing sides.  When a new restaurant opens in Uptown, you can be sure I have a reservation within their first few weeks of opening. Burch opened their doors last month and I was so excited to read reviews and try out their new menu.  With a Steakhouse on the main level and a Pizza Bar down below, I was very intrigued to see what kind of atmosphere could combine those two concepts. I have now been to Burch twice, and both visits were remarkable.  The food was fantastic and there was a refined aura to the restaurant.  On the main floor, they kept the original tile flooring of the old Burch Pharmacy which adds a touch of history to a modern steakhouse.  The menu has plenty to choose from and will please many different palates.  Down below in the Pizza Bar, the walls seem to be the original foundation in it's rustic form lined with votive candles for some extra ambiance. The menu was reasonably priced with a variety of pizzas and small bites to choose from.  The bar was full with people sipping cocktails from mix masters while house music was playing through the speakers.  Burch is a great new addition to Uptown, I am sure it will gain many new regulars.  I wonder if I can make two reservations for the same night; eat steak on the main level and then head downstairs for pizza?  Sounds like a winning plan to me!

Warm atmosphere in the Pizza Bar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#stayhome

I look at this photo and it seems ages ago. I took it while laying in the sun on a hotel rooftop in Miami. In reality, it was only taken 3 weeks ago today almost to the minute. Since then, a pandemic has taken this world by storm. Mother Nature is shouting from the rooftops and people are being forced to listen. We are being told to stay home, don't leave the house unless necessary, and practice social distancing. Such a funny term: social distancing. What will this do to human connection? To human culture? Behavior? Our future perspective in this world is about to go through a massive shift. "Are you ready for this," Mother Nature asks? I sure wasn't.  I have been learning so much about myself in the past 2 weeks.  How does one react in vastly unknown and uncertain times? I am no longer in a rush to do things.  It's strange, I never felt that hurried before but now there is ample time to focus on things I didn't spend that much time on before. Connectin...

Yes

I said yes There are so many beautiful love stories out there.  I have been so fortunate to have one of my own.  Jon and I met in 2006 in Florence Italy while I was studying abroad.  He was finishing his MFA in classical painting and I couldn't help but fall in love with this handsome artist.  We moved the first part of our relationship quickly (we moved in together after being in the same city for 4 months), and enjoyed the years to follow.  After 5 1/2 wonderful years and many special moments together, Jon asked me to marry him.  It was the most amazing moment of my life.  I am so blessed to have found a person that I enjoy being with so much, and even more fortunate that he feels the same way.  We have decided to get married in Italy, where our love story started, with a small intimate gathering of family and close friends.  I'll try to keep the wedding planning posts to a minimum, but don't be surprised if I start complaining about m...

White Denim

Francesca's Collection  White Denim Pants , Mossimo Supply Co Denim Shirt, Toms Shoes Like many creative people, I tend to go through color phases.  I like to compare myself to Jackson Pollock when he was going through his "Blue" phase.  Currently, I am having a White Moment (notice how I capitalized it to make it a proper noun).  My White Moment consist of buying clothes, accessories, and decor in shades of white. Lucky we don't have any pets, but I do live with an artist, so sometimes this can be tricky.  During a shopping excursion where I was on a hunt for white denim, I came across this pair at Francesca's Collection .   They suited my 5'3 frame well, and had the right amount of stretch for comfort.  Paired with a classic blue denim top, the combination was perfect for a weeknight evening stroll.