Skip to main content

Jingle Bell Time, It's a Swell Time...


The holidays are in full swing around here!  A few weeks ago we got our first big snowfall of the year and it has created a nostalgic "White Christmas" feeling in the cities. This festive season only comes once a year, so I try to do the most I can without becoming a Grinch in the process.  Holiday parties, cookie exchanges, seeing the Hollidazzle, and going to "A Christmas Carol" at the Guthrie has filled my weekends with joy and happiness.  I hope you enjoy your own holiday traditions, and take some time to reflect on all the love and cheer this time of year brings.


"A Christmas Carol" at the Guthrie Theater

These stuffed mushrooms are an easy appetizer and so delicious

The new art instillation at Mall of America

Christmas shopping at the new H&M in Calhoun Square

My niece and my mother play with the Christmas tree ornaments



Comments

  1. Pretty lady, what holiday fun! Glad you are in the spirit. Have a beautiful Christmas with your fam and friends!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#stayhome

I look at this photo and it seems ages ago. I took it while laying in the sun on a hotel rooftop in Miami. In reality, it was only taken 3 weeks ago today almost to the minute. Since then, a pandemic has taken this world by storm. Mother Nature is shouting from the rooftops and people are being forced to listen. We are being told to stay home, don't leave the house unless necessary, and practice social distancing. Such a funny term: social distancing. What will this do to human connection? To human culture? Behavior? Our future perspective in this world is about to go through a massive shift. "Are you ready for this," Mother Nature asks? I sure wasn't.  I have been learning so much about myself in the past 2 weeks.  How does one react in vastly unknown and uncertain times? I am no longer in a rush to do things.  It's strange, I never felt that hurried before but now there is ample time to focus on things I didn't spend that much time on before. Connectin...

Yes

I said yes There are so many beautiful love stories out there.  I have been so fortunate to have one of my own.  Jon and I met in 2006 in Florence Italy while I was studying abroad.  He was finishing his MFA in classical painting and I couldn't help but fall in love with this handsome artist.  We moved the first part of our relationship quickly (we moved in together after being in the same city for 4 months), and enjoyed the years to follow.  After 5 1/2 wonderful years and many special moments together, Jon asked me to marry him.  It was the most amazing moment of my life.  I am so blessed to have found a person that I enjoy being with so much, and even more fortunate that he feels the same way.  We have decided to get married in Italy, where our love story started, with a small intimate gathering of family and close friends.  I'll try to keep the wedding planning posts to a minimum, but don't be surprised if I start complaining about m...

White Denim

Francesca's Collection  White Denim Pants , Mossimo Supply Co Denim Shirt, Toms Shoes Like many creative people, I tend to go through color phases.  I like to compare myself to Jackson Pollock when he was going through his "Blue" phase.  Currently, I am having a White Moment (notice how I capitalized it to make it a proper noun).  My White Moment consist of buying clothes, accessories, and decor in shades of white. Lucky we don't have any pets, but I do live with an artist, so sometimes this can be tricky.  During a shopping excursion where I was on a hunt for white denim, I came across this pair at Francesca's Collection .   They suited my 5'3 frame well, and had the right amount of stretch for comfort.  Paired with a classic blue denim top, the combination was perfect for a weeknight evening stroll.