Skip to main content

Luck be a lady...


In case you haven't already heard, it's out with the old and in with the new at Mall of America.  Not that I didn't love Bloomingdales, but it's time Minnesota caught up with the rest of the world, and get some great retail stores in the supposed "Mall of America."  I am excited and downright giddy to announce that MOA will now have four new stores in replace of the Bloomingdales location:  Zara, Topshop, Madewell, and Tory Burch.  To say I am happier than a bird with a french fry, is an understatement.  My trips to MOA are going to dramatically increase to the point where I should look into a reserving a spot in the parking lot.  To prepare properly for this special occasion, I have been online window shopping again, and picked out some items I will hope to find in the new stores.  Here are some of my favorites.
This Topshop dress will be perfect at weddings this summer.

A Madewell llama necklace.  Need I say more?

I like the idea of a Tory Burch clutch instead of a large tote during weekend.

A must have Zara hat.
The new Madewell platforms for the summer.  Walking in these will be a cinch.

Comments

  1. Great product picks! I also love your banner!

    -Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#stayhome

I look at this photo and it seems ages ago. I took it while laying in the sun on a hotel rooftop in Miami. In reality, it was only taken 3 weeks ago today almost to the minute. Since then, a pandemic has taken this world by storm. Mother Nature is shouting from the rooftops and people are being forced to listen. We are being told to stay home, don't leave the house unless necessary, and practice social distancing. Such a funny term: social distancing. What will this do to human connection? To human culture? Behavior? Our future perspective in this world is about to go through a massive shift. "Are you ready for this," Mother Nature asks? I sure wasn't.  I have been learning so much about myself in the past 2 weeks.  How does one react in vastly unknown and uncertain times? I am no longer in a rush to do things.  It's strange, I never felt that hurried before but now there is ample time to focus on things I didn't spend that much time on before. Connectin...

Yes

I said yes There are so many beautiful love stories out there.  I have been so fortunate to have one of my own.  Jon and I met in 2006 in Florence Italy while I was studying abroad.  He was finishing his MFA in classical painting and I couldn't help but fall in love with this handsome artist.  We moved the first part of our relationship quickly (we moved in together after being in the same city for 4 months), and enjoyed the years to follow.  After 5 1/2 wonderful years and many special moments together, Jon asked me to marry him.  It was the most amazing moment of my life.  I am so blessed to have found a person that I enjoy being with so much, and even more fortunate that he feels the same way.  We have decided to get married in Italy, where our love story started, with a small intimate gathering of family and close friends.  I'll try to keep the wedding planning posts to a minimum, but don't be surprised if I start complaining about m...

Cake in a Pie Pan

Usually when the weather turns warmer, I find myself coming up with excuses to have parties and other random get togethers.  It's really just an excuse for me to cook and bake, and not eat everything myself.  This past weekend I wanted to do a little baking for Sunday night dinner, and found this recipe in one of my new cookbooks, Barefoot Contessa 'How Easy is That?' by Ina Garten. A cake in a pie pan?! It was way too intriguing to pass up. As I began to gather my ingredients, I realized that fresh cranberries are not available this time of year.  Since I couldn't decide between cherries or blueberries, I made two cakes instead, one with blueberries, one with cherries. The end result was a wonderful and easy desert that satisfied my sweet tooth and my itch to bake.